Business Development Director
Who We Are
Life House is a venture-backed, vertically integrated hotel brand, management, and software company. We’ve built an award-winning hotel brand and have over 100+ hotels in our management portfolio. As a hotel operator and software developer, we’re the customer of our own technology, which allows us to make the right products and solve the industry’s complex problems. With backing from institutional investors, we are actively investing in solutions that solve problems small & independent hotel owners face at scale.
We believe that travel is a social good that helps us discover our sense of belonging and connect with others. Life House is on a mission to make boutique hotels more accessible to the modern-day traveler - this starts with our impactful hotel management technology that makes hotels easier to operate & more profitable to own.
We are seeking an experienced and dynamic individual to join Life House’s Business Development team as a Business Development Director. In this pivotal role, you will drive the growth and expansion of Life House’s hotel management portfolio, encompassing motels to luxury resorts. Reporting directly to the SVP of Growth & Operations, Maura Lewkowicz, you will collaborate with leadership to achieve our revenue and market expansion goals within the Hotel Management vertical.
- Manage top-to-bottom funnel activities, inclusive of lead generation, pitching Management Services, creating pro-formas and negotiating HMAs.
- Comprehensively understand hotel and F&B operations and hotel transactions, along with the industry specific jargon and metrics.
- Stay up-to-date on hotel industry and hotel tech trends, as well as the competitive landscape.
- Empathize, meet and build relationships with prospective customers from family businesses to institutional PE funds.
- Build a strong funnel of deals through cold outbound, nurturing and networking.
- Underwrite management transition, new development, and acquisition opportunities, developing pro formas that realistically demonstrate the Life House value-add.
- Present pro-formas that articulate the impact of partnering with Life House in a compelling manner.
- Create collateral to share with prospects reflecting our value proposition.
- Creatively think through deal terms to suit the prospect and Life House, as well as negotiate legal contracts.
- Utilize Pipedrive weekly, Ironclad for legal negotiations, Excel for underwriting, and Powerpoint for creating pitch decks.
- Analyze wins and losses to inform and improve sales strategies for the Life House Growth team.
- Collaborate with the operations team to ensure properties are best equipped to transition seamlessly.
Who We Are Looking For
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Real Estate, Finance, Marketing, or a related field
- 2+ years of experience working in hotel operations, investment or development, in total 4+ years of work experience in real estate, finance, or hotels
- Demonstrated hunger and ambition to meet and exceed sales targets. Sales experience is highly preferred
- Open to new ideas and processes, with the ability to adapt in a dynamic environment
- Thrives in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial setting and is proactive in addressing challenges
- Proficient in financial analysis and capable of underwriting hotel opportunities, including creating pro-formas for clients and partners
- Experience negotiating real estate or hotel legal agreements
- Has a knack for building personal, lasting relationships and earning trust with clients and partners
- Strong and articulate communication skills, making complex concepts easily understandable
- Flexibility to travel as needed to various properties and attend meetings
Compensation & Benefits
- OTE potential of $200k-$300k
- Eligible for incentive compensation based on performance
- Excellent benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Enrollment in 401K
- Unlimited paid time off
- Wellness reimbursement program (fitness classes, spa, etc.)
- Fully compensated business travel benefits
- Coworking membership depending on location (e.g. SohoHouse in NYC)
- Discounts to hotels in the Life House network across North America
- An environment that encourages initiative, leadership and fast growth
- Working with highly talented people who are extremely passionate about their craft