Sales & Business Development
Austin, TX, USA
Posted on Saturday, April 8, 2023
Everly Health's mission is to transform lives with modern, diagnostics-driven care, and we believe that the future of healthcare is meeting people where they are. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Everly Health is the parent company to Everlywell, Everly Health Solutions, Natalist, and Everly Diagnostics. We've set a new standard of people-focused, diagnostic-driven care that puts patients at the center of their own health journey.
Our infrastructure guides the full testing experience with the support of a national clinician network that's composed of hundreds of physicians, nurses, genetic counselors, PharmDs, and member care specialists. Our solutions make world-class virtual care more attainable with rigorous clinical protocols and best-in-class science to tackle some of the healthcare industry's biggest problems.
We are hiring a Tax Manager to play a vital role in building out and maintaining the Company’s internal tax function as we grow and scale the business.
Reporting directly to the Director of Tax & Treasury, you will help manage the internal tax function. You will help the Company execute its vision by ensuring that Everly Health is in compliance with all indirect and direct tax regulations. Additionally, you will partner with internal leadership and external advisors to ensure the company is strategically situated for the best possible taxation outcome as it continues to grow and expand its products, services, and footprint. You will be the primary owner of the indirect tax function and will have the primary responsibility for maintaining proper indirect tax reporting/compliances processes. You will assist the Director of Tax & Treasury with direct tax matters and work closely with outside advisors on income tax compliance, income tax accounting, transfer pricing, and other tax related matters.
We are a mature startup and need someone who is willing to get their hands dirty and help build and grow the tax department. If you are passionate about tax and looking for an opportunity to learn, build, optimize, and grow, Everly Health is the place for you.
Everly Health operates in a hybrid work environment and employees applying to this role will be required to work from our downtown Austin office at least 2 days per week.
What You'll Do:
- Manage the indirect tax function
- Ensure accurate, timely filing of sales and use tax returns, franchise tax returns, and other business-related filings, as necessary
- Ensure the general ledger properly reflects the tax balances for indirect tax accounts
- Advise the business on taxability of new product offerings
- Manage indirect tax audits
- Assist with preparation of quarterly and annual consolidated income tax provision and support external audit thereof
- Work with external income tax return preparer to timely and accurately prepare federal and state income tax returns
- Assist with tax implications of M&A activity
- Research complex tax issues
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting from an accredited college or university (or equivalent professional experience) (master’s degree a plus)
- Five years of professional tax accounting experience
- Master's in Tax and Certified Public Accountant (CPA) preferred
- Experience in both public accounting and industry preferred
- Experience preparing and reviewing sales and use tax returns required
- Experience with Vertex O Series preferred
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Experience with NetSuite a plus
- Detail-oriented, self starter who takes pride in the quality of your work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
You'll Love Working Here:
· Venture backed by top-tier firms
· The opportunity ahead knows no bounds
· Open vacation policy for salaried team members
· Front Loaded PTO for hourly team members
· Employee discounts
· Paid parental leave
· Health benefits
NO EXTERNAL RECRUITERS - INDIVIDUAL APPLICANTS ONLY
Everly Health is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
HIPAA Disclaimer: This role will be in an environment that has access to protected health information (PHI) and all security standards to protect PHI must be followed.
See more open positions at EverlyWell
Something looks off?