Clinical Lab Technical Supervisor
IT, People & HR, Operations
Chicago, IL, USA
Posted on Tuesday, August 15, 2023
Everly Health's mission is to transform lives with modern, diagnostics-driven care, and we believe that the future of healthcare is meeting people where they are. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Everly Health is the parent company to Everlywell, Everly Health Solutions, Natalist, and Everly Diagnostics. We've set a new standard of people-focused, diagnostic-driven care that puts patients at the center of their own health journey.
Our infrastructure guides the full testing experience with the support of a national clinician network that's composed of hundreds of physicians, nurses, genetic counselors, PharmDs, and member care specialists. Our solutions make world-class virtual care more attainable with rigorous clinical protocols and best-in-class science to tackle some of the healthcare industry's biggest problems.
Technical Supervisor (TS) supports the laboratory with technical instrumentation and assay expertise by facilitating purchase, acquisition, programming, operation, training and troubleshooting of laboratory instruments. This individual may also assist with managing the daily operation of the laboratory.
The Technical Supervisor must meet the personnel qualifications and responsibilities per CLIA Sec. 493.1449 and 493.1451 as well as any and all State licensure/certification requirements.
The Technical Supervisor must be licensed as a Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) with the American Society of Clinical Pathology or acceptable equivalent.
Must have experience:
- The Technical Supervisor must have a year minimum LC-MS experience.
- Must have a year of management experience
- Four years of experience working in a high complexity laboratory
- Supports the laboratory with technical instrumentation and assay expertise by facilitating purchase, acquisition, programming, operation, training, maintenance and troubleshooting of laboratory instruments.
- Perform clinical testing on a regular basis.
- Monitor test analyses and specimen examinations to ensure that acceptable levels of analytic performance are maintained:
- Supervise daily operations of technical departments ensuring quality results in a cost-effective and timely manner;
- Evaluate work in progress, assist and advise technical staff on procedures, re-tests and result interpretation;
- Review completed work for professional adequacy and discuss findings with medical personnel as requested;
- Monitor and follow daily pending report throughout day to ensure timely reporting of results meeting metrics mandated by Upper Management
- Assure all remedial actions are taken whenever test systems deviate from the laboratory’s established performance specifications.
- Perform, review, interpret and record all quality control data from analyzers in all departments as appropriate on a daily, weekly, monthly basis
- Administrate and technically supervise the clinical laboratory in a manner conducive to full performance and high morale.
- Hold regularly scheduled meetings with staff to discuss updates and any challenges or opportunities;
- Plan, assign, coordinate and supervise technical staff ensuring schedules for daily work and departmental coverage are completed and posted timely;
- Assist in all lab areas as needed: answer calls, perform CLS duties in all departments, manage issues; resolve specimen integrity issues
- Be available for technical issues daily and during after hours, holidays and weekends;
- Perform SOP review;
- Ensure the lab is in compliance with all regulatory agencies (e.g. CLIA, COLA, State); and
- Maintain licenses as applicable and participate in continuing education; ensure staffing do the same.
- Evaluate the capabilities of all testing personnel and general supervisor’s testing performance to assure that the staff maintain their competency to perform test procedures and report test results promptly, accurately, and proficiently by one or more of the following:
Duties to collaborate with the Lab Director, Director, Director of Lab OPS, QA and Safety:
- Inspection/Audits/Surveys: Coordinate pre-inspection evaluations, post-inspection responses and interim-self inspections with lab management and staff.
- Quality/Safety Program: Assist in the development/ongoing continuous quality management for the laboratory. Review monthly metrics and assist in corrective action/procedural changes to maintain “green light” status per desired/required goal.
- Process Improvement /Implementation: Assist with lean projects in the laboratory that will improve overall processes to help the company provide quality care in a cost effective and timely manner to its patients.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
- Registered as a Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) with the American Society of Clinical Pathology or acceptable equivalent.
- Obtain Technical Supervisor or equivalent State license(s)/certification(s) for position as required by State Law and laboratory. Maintain competency/training as necessary to perform Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) testing duties in the laboratory.
You'll Love Working Here:
· Venture backed by top-tier firms
· The opportunity ahead knows no bounds
· Open vacation policy for salaried team members
· Front Loaded PTO for hourly team members
· Employee discounts
· Paid parental leave
· Health benefits
NO EXTERNAL RECRUITERS - INDIVIDUAL APPLICANTS ONLY
Everly Health is committed to providing equal employment opportunities in all employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, age, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
HIPAA Disclaimer: This role will be in an environment that has access to protected health information (PHI) and all security standards to protect PHI must be followed.