Senior Data Engineer & Analyst
Life House is a venture-backed, vertically integrated hotel brand, operator and technology company. We develop, design, and operate boutique lifestyle hotels with a mission to make travel more meaningful and reliable for travelers, and to make hotels more seamless and more profitable for owners. We recently raised our Series C and we are looking for talented software developers to join our in-house technology team. We are fast-paced, highly collaborative, and have a friendly, flexible work environment.
At Life House, Sr. Data Engineers & Analysts will work in a product environment to build a game changer dynamic pricing AI- based solution. The Agile team is composed of Data Scientists, Product Managers, Software Engineers, QA’s and Revenue Managers. Life House looks to build world-class solutions to the hospitality industry’s greatest challenges. With new hotels opening every month, our team is acutely focused on implementing scalable solutions while consistently improving our value proposition to hotel owners - increasing hotel revenue and decreasing hotel operating cost.
- You will share your technical data engineering knowledge, skills and leadership to build a scalable and a top notch product.
- Design, build, and productionize complex data pipelines
- Develop data ingestion modules that will feed the AI models
- Develop baseline AI models with the guidance of Data Scientist(s)
- Design and Dev ETL pipeline (Reporting, Machine learning task, Data lake)
- Productionize AI models in the cloud and ensure its scalability
- Run or participate in running ML/OR models/experiments with the Data Scientists
- Design, code, test, and integrate new features and functionality
- Apply CI/CD practices to prevent integration problems as well as ensure that the code is releasable at any point in time
- Participate in scrum project meetings and update stories using project management tools
- Participate in the estimation of the Stories based on defined Acceptance Criteria and Definition of Done
- Refactor and test code
- Design and implement software architecture that will allow scalability and maintainability
- Perform data profiling and analysis
- Bachelor’s degree in related field (Computer/Software Engineering, Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Mathematics)
- 3+ years professional experience in software development or data engineering (post-degree)
- 3+ years professional experience in designing and developing ETL pipelines
- An environment that encourages initiative and leadership
- Work with highly talented people who are extremely passionate about their craft
- Work in Agile, highly collaborative environment
- Competitive salary ($90,000 to $150,000 CAD), full benefits, and unlimited PTO
- $1200 Travel Stipend
- Discount on room reservations at Life House managed properties
- Wellness Benefits
- Much more…
Something looks off?