Senior Manager, Revenue Strategy
Who We Are
Life House is a venture-backed, vertically integrated hotel brand, operator and technology company. We develop, design, and operate boutique lifestyle hotels with a mission to make travel more meaningful and reliable for travelers, and to make hotels easier and more profitable to own. We recently raised our Series C and are looking for great talent to join us on this rocket ship!
As a member of the Revenue Strategy team at Life House, you will lead the effort to improve the revenue performance of our client properties. You will be responsible for overseeing the development, execution, and reporting of strategic pricing initiatives for dozens of hotels, and for helping the revenue team achieve its monthly goals. You will leverage data and analysis to understand demand/supply forces impacting our properties, to inform a revenue strategy. In this role, you will collaborate with property Asset Management, Business Intelligence, and Distribution & Marketing to execute thoughtful and ROI-focused room revenue tactics. You will also create scalable processes and manage the workflow and prioritization for the Revenue Strategy team. This is an exciting opportunity to play a critical role in the growth of Life House as we scale across the United States and internationally.
- A data-driven and logical thinker: Your natural instinct is to reason through data-backed analysis vs reasoning by analogy. We’re trying to accomplish something that’s never been accomplished, so the approach of “Because that is the way we’ve always done it” won’t get us to our goal.
- A strong communicator: You love breaking down complex problems using simple but highly effective mental models that you’ve created for yourself. You’re then able to explain your decisions through traceable and simplified communication, allowing others to get quickly bought in on your logic.
- Ambitious: You are eager to make an impact, not just clock in and out. You thrive in a fast-moving, dynamic, hyper-growth environment and are able to operate fluidly between the 30,000-foot strategy level and the micro-detail to get things right.
- An experienced leader: You have 2+ years of experience in leading a team within business analysis, operations, or strategy and have demonstrated the ability to make independent decisions that achieve business goals.
What You’ll Do
- Lead and define the development of pricing strategies across the entire property performance
- Create scalable processes and manage the workflow of a Revenue Manager Team
- Build annual plans and collaborate with Asset Managers to align revenue expectations with property performance goals
- Create standardized property performance reporting and lead in is presentation to stakeholders
- Leverage quantitative analysis and market information to inform pricing decisions
- Devise & test promotional strategies to optimize pricing & revenue
- Partner with corporate and group sales teams to create tools that allow them to effectively close high ROI leads
- Manage the analytics workstream related to all revenue manager properties
- Design the mathematical and mental frameworks for the continued development of pricing & forecasting algorithms
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis as required
Our Ideal Candidate
- Bachelor's or Master’s degree with 4+ years of experience in a quantitative discipline such as economics, finance, mathematics, or statistics
- Proven experience managing and leading a team
- Excellent with Excel/Google Sheets
- Extremely strong written & oral communication skills
- Past professional experience working in business operations, business analysis, or data-driven problem-solving
- The ideal candidate will be intellectually curious & a highly motivated self-starter
- Strong logical & analytical reasoning abilities
- Experience with SQL, Python, or R
Nice to Have
- Deep understanding of hospitality market forces and revenue management metrics
- Experience using a BI tool such as Tableau/Looker
- Competitive salary (range dependent on experience)
- Unlimited PTO with a $1,200 travel stipend
- Hotel discounts at Life House operated hotels
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Wellness benefits
- A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, young and extremely ambitious colleagues!
- Fully Remote available (our team is located all across North America!)
Something looks off?