Parsley Health is a digital health company with a mission to transform the health of everyone, everywhere with the world's best possible medicine. Today, Parsley Health is the nation's largest health care company helping people suffering from chronic conditions find relief with root cause resolution medicine. Our work is inspired by our members’ journeys and our actions are focused on impact and results.
We are seeking a detail-oriented and organized Senior Accountant to join our Finance team. The role will report to and assist the Senior Accounting Manager in the preparation of monthly financial statements, operational financial analyses (e.g. cash flow analysis, budget versus actual analysis, etc.), and support various other projects such as audits of financial statements, system implementations, and regulatory reporting requirements. The Senior Accountant will own the Accounts Payable and payroll processes financial reporting and assist the Senior Accounting Manager in all aspects of month-end close procedures (e.g. posting journal entries, preparing account reconciliations, etc.).
The Senior Accountant should work well under direct and indirect supervision, plan and arrange work unsupervised according to deadlines, and effectively communicate progress and challenges timely and appropriately.
What you’ll do:
- Help manage the general ledger and own month-end and year-end close processes
- Prepare and record asset, liability, revenue, and expense entries by compiling and analyzing account information
- Ensure the integrity of large data sets of accounting information by verifying, manipulating, recording, and entering transactions and reconciling activity at close
- Maintain account balances and bank reconciliations
- Own the processing, financial reporting and reconciliation around our AP process
- Own the financial reporting and reconciliation around our payroll process
- Assist with external audit by analyzing general ledger accounts and providing information for auditors
- Assist in enterprise system implementations
- Handle and own monthly/quarterly tax filings
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, business, or related field
- 3-5 years experience in accounting, AP processing and financial reporting, payroll financial reporting or combined work/education experience
- Strong knowledge of GAAP
- Proficient with Google Suite/Microsoft Excel and exposure to accounting software
- Experience with Netsuite required
- Experience with Bill.com and Airbase preferred, but not required
- Excellent communication skills to convey progress of tasks upwards as well as communicate effectively with various departments
- Analytical skills to understand financial and operational data sets
- Project management skills to effectively work through tasks in order of priorities
- CPA preferred, but not required
Benefits and Compensation:
- Equity Stake
- 401(k) + Employer Matching program
- Remote-first with the option to work from one of our centers in NYC or LA (remove if not relevant)
- Complimentary Parsley Health Complete Care membership
- Subsidized Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance plan options
- Generous 4+ weeks of paid time off
- Annual professional development stipend
Parsley Health is committed to providing an equitable, fair and transparent compensation program for all employees.
The starting salary for this role is between $85,000 - $100,000, depending on skills and experience. We take a geo-neutral approach to compensation within the US, meaning that we pay based on job function and level, not location.
Individual compensation decisions are based on a number of factors, including experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. We expect the majority of the candidates who are offered roles at our company to fall healthily throughout the range based on these factors. We recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated with candidates during the process.
At Parsley Health we believe in celebrating everything that makes us human and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We embrace diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better we can serve our members.
In light of recent increase in hiring scams, if you're selected to move onto the next phase of our hiring process, a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out to you directly from an @parsleyhealth.com email address to guide you through our interview process.
- We will never communicate with you via Microsoft Teams
- We will never ask for your bank account information at any point during the recruitment process, nor will we send you a check (electronic or physical) to purchase home office equipment
We look forward to connecting!