Staff Full Stack Engineer (Growth)
Parsley Health is a digital health company with a mission to transform the health of everyone, everywhere with the world's best possible medicine. Today, Parsley Health is the nation's largest health care company helping people suffering from chronic conditions find relief with root cause resolution medicine. Our work is inspired by our members’ journeys and our actions are focused on impact and results.
We’re looking for an experienced growth focused full stack engineer and leader with knowledge of multiple technologies that can lead a team to build exciting new features that support the Parsley Health mission. You will be joining a remote team of passionate engineers. In this role, you will work closely with marketing, engineering, product, design and customer reliability teams. Parsley Health is an outcome driven organization and your work will directly contribute to the company objectives: expand the business nationally, improve activation, conversion, retention, and expansion of our healthcare products.
We work in a blameless environment and we take ownership and pride in our efforts. We like to work in small cross functional product pods where each pod owns the development lifecycle of their products. We follow agile development practices and encourage each pod to tailor the processes to their needs. Our teams are built on pillars of trust, humility and continuous improvement.
Our tech stack:
- GCP is our platform for all custom application development and services
- Services are containerized and run in containerd
- GraphQL is our service language for applications.
- Current languages of choice are Golang (new services) and Kotlin (legacy).
- Managed Postgres with Cloud SQL.
- GitHub is our repository and CI/CD service.
What you’ll do:
- Take ownership of growth ideas, analysis, and initiatives by working directly with executives and the marketing team to build out new concepts or products
- Build modern, beautiful web applications that shape our members’ experiences, empower doctors and health coaches, and support our internal team
- Work closely with our Design teams to design, spec and estimate new projects and features
- Work as part of an amazing team of engineers while being a technical leader and mentor other team members
- Foster high code quality, security and set best practices
What you’ll need:
- A full stack engineer with 8+ years of experience
- Have 3+ years of on-the-job experience in the following technologies:
- Front-end frameworks: React, NextJs, Vue or Remix
- Web services using Go, Kotlin or NodeJS
- Data languages such as GraphQL and JSON
- Relational databases like PostgreSQL
- Have a strong understanding of the infrastructure of microservice patterns, the relationship of domain services and front-end applications including authentication/authorization layers and event pattern using pubsub
- Experienced in unit and integration testing
- Be able to diagnose and remediate issues in existing systems
- Have a good understanding of security and its role in the healthcare industry
- Someone who takes a disciplined approach to development, testing, documentation, code structure and review in a team environment
- Be able to own the development and lifecycle of an entire feature
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset in venture-backed growth-stage startups
- Thrive under pressure and with tight deadlines
- Passionate about our mission to live healthier through revolutionary primary care, excited for the future of healthcare, and a personal belief in wellness
Benefits and Compensation:
- Equity Stake
- 401(k) + Employer Matching program
- Remote-first with the option to work from one of our centers in NYC or LA
- Complimentary Parsley Health Complete Care membership
- Subsidized Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance plan options
- Generous 4+ weeks of paid time off
- Annual professional development stipend
Parsley Health is committed to providing an equitable, fair and transparent compensation program for all employees.
The starting salary for this role is between $167,750 - $195,000, depending on skills and experience. We take a geo-neutral approach to compensation within the US, meaning that we pay based on job function and level, not location.
Individual compensation decisions are based on a number of factors, including experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. We expect the majority of the candidates who are offered roles at our company to fall healthily throughout the range based on these factors. We recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated with candidates during the process.
At Parsley Health we believe in celebrating everything that makes us human and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We embrace diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better we can serve our members.
In light of recent increase in hiring scams, if you're selected to move onto the next phase of our hiring process, a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out to you directly from an @parsleyhealth.com email address to guide you through our interview process.
- We will never communicate with you via Microsoft Teams
- We will never ask for your bank account information at any point during the recruitment process, nor will we send you a check (electronic or physical) to purchase home office equipment
We look forward to connecting!