Part-Time Medical Writer (Contract)
Parsley Health is a digital health company with a mission to transform the health of everyone, everywhere with the world's best possible medicine. Today, Parsley Health is the nation's largest health care company helping people suffering from chronic conditions find relief with root cause resolution medicine. Our work is inspired by our members’ journeys and our actions are focused on impact and results.
Parsley Health is seeking a Medical Writer with experience in digital media to support both social media and newsletter content creation. The ideal candidate possesses experience researching scientific literature to support health and medical content as well as experience writing/editing for health wellness and science publications.
This is a part-time, contract role with an estimated commitment of 5-10 hours/week.
What you’ll do:
- 2-3 hours/week researching preassigned topics providing summaries, statistics and citations
- 1-2 hours/week researching the week’s top 2-3 health medical and science studies that are new or in the news, pulling out relevant quotes or statistics
- 1 hour/week editing a newsletter email for our Founder and CEO, Robin Berzin including adding links, citations and formatting
- 1 hour/week communicating with Dr. Berzin and Parsley Health’s social media team on the week’s topic
- 30 minutes/week of email production work (inclusive of inserting images and scheduling release, in Substack, Convert Kit or Mailchimp)
What you’ll need:
- At least 2 years of experience researching medical journalism
- At least 2 years of experience both editing and writing content for healthcare/wellness/science publications
- Ability to concisely communicate complex scientific and medical information to a general audience
Benefits and Compensation:
- Equity Stake
- 401(k) + Employer Matching program
- Remote-first with the option to work from one of our centers in NYC or LA
- Complimentary Parsley Health Complete Care membership
- Subsidized Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance plan options
- Generous 4+ weeks of paid time off
- Annual professional development stipend
Parsley Health is committed to providing an equitable, fair and transparent compensation program for all employees.
The starting salary for this role is between $50/hour-$60/hour, depending on skills and experience. We take a geo-neutral approach to compensation within the US, meaning that we pay based on job function and level, not location.
Individual compensation decisions are based on a number of factors, including experience level, skillset, and balancing internal equity relative to peers at the company. We expect the majority of the candidates who are offered roles at our company to fall healthily throughout the range based on these factors. We recognize that the person we hire may be less experienced (or more senior) than this job description as posted. If that ends up being the case, the updated salary range will be communicated with candidates during the process.
At Parsley Health we believe in celebrating everything that makes us human and are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We embrace diversity and are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. We believe that the more inclusive we are, the better we can serve our members.
In light of recent increase in hiring scams, if you're selected to move onto the next phase of our hiring process, a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out to you directly from an @parsleyhealth.com email address to guide you through our interview process.
- We will never communicate with you via Microsoft Teams
- We will never ask for your bank account information at any point during the recruitment process, nor will we send you a check (electronic or physical) to purchase home office equipment
We look forward to connecting!