Lifecycle Engagement Manager
We strongly encourage people of color, lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer, and non-binary people, veterans, parents, and individuals with disabilities to apply. Real is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes everyone to our team. If you need reasonable adjustments at any point in the application or interview process, please let us know.
In your application, please feel free to note which pronouns you use (For example - she/her/hers, he/him/his, they/them/theirs, etc).
We Are Real.
Real is a venture-backed mental health care company based in New York City. We’re a team of innovators, clinicians, and technologists on a mission to make caring for our mental health a priority. We're redesigning mental healthcare through a digital platform and in-person experience, integrating empathy, design, and progressive care to build the most elevated end-to-end mental healthcare experience, while also improving the quality of care itself. We’re not simply “normalizing” mental health care, we’re celebrating it.
We’re looking for a Lifecycle Engagement Manager who is passionate about mental health and wellness.
As our Lifecycle Engagement Manager, you will take charge of guiding our lifecycle engagement strategy and overseeing our campaign efforts. It's essential that you bring a solid understanding of CRM tools, data analysis, and strategies to boost user engagement. Reporting to the VP of Product, you'll be working alongside cross-functional teams, including Marketing, Content, and Sales, to develop our CRM strategy, curate targeted content campaigns, and propel the overall success of our lifecycle engagement initiatives at Real. Your focus will be to drive conversion, product engagement, and retention, making your role pivotal to our mission at Real.
A day in the life
As our Lifecycle Engagement Manager, you will…
- Create and execute a comprehensive lifecycle marketing strategy that aligns with Real's mission and business objectives, ensuring relevant and engaging campaigns for our members.
- Manage the campaign calendar and collaborate with Marketing to coordinate campaigns for key moments, events and new product features to drive user engagement and interest.
- Coordinate with Customer Service to execute adoption and activation campaigns for new enterprise customers and their employees
- Capture, analyze, and report on relevant performance metrics to evaluate campaign effectiveness and optimize marketing decisions.
- Conduct A/B tests and establish best practices for campaign timing, channel, frequency, etc., to maximize campaign performance and reach.
- Collaborate with the Product team to help develop data-driven engagement campaigns and effective strategies across various channels.
- Collaborate with the Content team to develop campaigns that promote high-visibility content and talent.
- Oversee campaign cadence efforts to strategically map campaigns across channels for optimal user reach and impact.
- Develop a user retention and engagement strategy across all channels, leveraging data insights and market trends to expand Real's reach and impact.
- Stay informed about industry trends and competitive strategies to inform campaign investment decisions and drive innovation.
- Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders to identify retention gaps, develop creative solutions, and drive campaign success.
- Lead the development of analytical frameworks around lifecycle marketing, combining internal data with third-party data for deeper insights and informed decision-making.
- 4+ years of experience in lifecycle, email, CRM, or related roles
- Expert working knowledge with CRM tools (we use Braze)
- Experience running all or part of a CRM campaign calendar
- Demonstrable success driving re-engagement with CRM efforts
- Experience building a lifecycle journey map from 0-1
- Solid analytical background with experience using tools like Amplitude or Tableau
- An exceptional eye for detail and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- A resourceful mindset fit for a scrappy startup environment
- A strong understanding of best practices
- A passion for our mission to reshape the mental healthcare space
We’re extra stoked if you have…
- Experience working in a remote-first work environment
- Start-up experience
- An understanding of mental health topics, including common disorders, therapy modalities, self-care practices, and mental well-being.
The base salary for this role is $140,000+, commensurate with skill set and experience level. Our compensation program is geographically-neutral, meaning that we do not adjust our pay ranges based on where you live, so this salary range applies to all candidates.
Passionate about mental wellness
- You’re excited to improve mental healthcare and expand the number of people who have access to it.
- You know the wellness market.
- You care about the well-being of others.
Excited to build something from the ground up
- You thrive in a fast-paced, scrappy start-up environment.
- You’re not afraid to roll up your sleeves to get the job done.
- You’re a self-starter; you don’t need instructions to get work done.
- You pull insights from data, ensuring new ideas come from member experience and utilization.
- You seek data and know how to collect more of it when needed.
- You are excited to receive feedback and grow.
A team player
- You know it takes a village.
We’re committed to your health and happiness (...which are synonymous, you know).
When deciding what benefits should look like at Real, we started by thinking long and hard about what employees need not only to work well, but to live well. Benefits impact how we act, rest, grieve, set boundaries, and take care of ourselves and others — and that means quality benefits are a fundamental part of not just a mentally well company, but a mentally well society. At Real, we want to offer our employees more than just "permission" to occasionally take a vacation or comp a therapy session. We want to give them the support and autonomy they need to feel well and maintain full lives outside of work.
- Competitive salary, plus equity in an early-stage startup. Emphasis on “plus”—we won’t use equity to low-ball you.
Healthcare for Full-Time Employees:
- 100% company-funded health, vision, and dental insurance for our employees. That means no monthly premiums coming out of your paycheck.
- FSA plans
- Free One Medical membership
- Free Real membership
- $1800 annual mental wellness stipend you can put toward therapy, psychiatry, fitness and other wellness services
- Short- and long-term disability coverage
- Life insurance
Retirement for Full-Time Employees
- 401(k) — we don’t match yet, but you’ll thank us for the compound interest later.
- Unlimited PTO…that we actually encourage you to take, we promise.
- Four day work weeks Monday-Thursday
- Four-week paid sabbatical after five continuous years of work at Real.
- Three floating holidays in addition to company-wide federal holidays so you can celebrate what’s important to you.
- Real employees receive two weeks of paid time off in the event of losing a loved one. We know grief doesn’t have an end date, and we also know that “unlimited PTO” isn’t enough for most people to actually take ample time away from work. We want to support the process of grieving by naming this, and offering employees the opportunity to grieve without thinking of work.
- Competitive paid parental leave and flexible return to work policy.
- Flexible working environment — if you want to exercise at three PM, go for it.
- Remote-inclusive team — whether you work from Colorado or NYC, you’re 100% part of the team.
- Autonomous work culture. We don’t have to see a green dot on Slack to trust that you’re doing your job.
Growth at Work
- We invest in your career. Our company's growing quickly, and we'll give you the opportunity to do the same. You'll have access to a number of professional development opportunities so that you can keep up with the company's evolving needs and grow your career along the way.
The responsibilities and duties of this position described here are representative of those an employee must perform. This is not a comprehensive list and other duties may be assigned.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity ("EEO") Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Real not to discriminate based on race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignments, benefits, layoff, and termination.
For your safety, we want you to be aware that unauthorized individuals claiming to be Real employees are extending false employment offers to steal money and personal information from job seekers. They are using legitimate websites and social media platforms and may use an unauthorized Real logo and employee name. Do not engage if you believe communication is fraudulent.
Real employees communicate using email addresses that end with @join-real.com.
Real will never request money or credit card information or ask for personal details like address, social security number, bank information, or tax documents early in the interview process.
If you suspect you’ve encountered an instance of recruitment fraud:
- Report the email address as “Phishing” through your email provider. This will help get the email account shut down.
- If you believe you have been a victim of online recruitment fraud, contact the FBI’s Internet Crime Complaint Center at ic3.gov